Going to the dentist can be something you look forward to. Our gentle touch, filtered air system, noise cancelling headphones, neck pillows and blankets are relaxing, and so is sedation.
At Crown Dentistry, we’re not shocked when people tell us they feel anxiety and fear when it comes to dental visits.
Sedation dentistry is a great option if you:
- Have had negative dental experiences in the past
- Are uncomfortable with the sounds, sights, and smells of the dental office
- Fear dental work will be painful
- Have TMJ disorder or a sensitive gag reflex
- Are seeking extensive treatment
Nitrous oxide is a simple, fast-acting formula that removes anxiety.
Nitrous oxide, also known as laughing gas, is a fixture in dental offices all over the world. That’s because it’s easy to use, works for most people, and its effects can be felt within minutes. Once the mask is removed, the effects wear off quickly, too, which means you can drive safely after your appointment.
- Nitrous oxide is mixed with oxygen and inhaled through a small face mask.
- Levels can be adjusted as needed throughout your treatment.
- Feelings of euphoria, lightness, and tingling are common.
- Driving to and from your appointments is safe because the effects of nitrous oxide wear off quickly after it stops being inhaled.
Find out how relaxed your dental visits can be.
Schedule an appointment with Dr. Hawkins today!
Oral sedation can be an ideal calming solution if your treatment plan includes a procedure that’s a bit more time consuming and invasive.
Oral sedation is achieved with a pill prescribed to you by Dr. Hawkins after a discussion of your health history. It’s important for us to know about allergies to other medications, food items, and conditions that may interfere with the effectiveness of the prescription. With oral sedation, you will remain conscious and able to communicate throughout your treatment, but you’ll need to arrange transportation to and from our office to ensure safety.
- Oral sedation is in between light and heavy sedation.
- You’ll want to take your prescription about an hour before your appointment.
- With oral sedation, you may feel like your visit was over almost as soon as it began.
Get the care you need, comfortably!
If you have any questions about our sedation dentistry services, or you’d like to schedule a visit with your Arlington sedation dentist, Dr. Kasey Hawkins of Crown Dentistry, we’d love to hear from you!